Voicemail Testing

Voicemail Testing

Postby Customer Feeds » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:54 pm

We’ve been able to get a call to work all the way through and collected the recording:

Code: Select all
Starting action CallFlowGraph1.
Register : invoking...
Register : successfully invoked
Notify: Data Point "Register time, sec" value = 6.5027.
Make Call to 'XXXXXXXXXXX' ('customer') : invoking...
Make Call to 'XXXXXXXXXXX' ('customer') : successfully invoked
Notify: Data Point "MakeCall time, sec" value = 12.7223.
Wait for Answer 'customer' : invoking...
Wait for Answer 'customer' : successfully invoked
Notify: Data Point "WaitForAnswer time, sec" value = 0.0020.
'VoiceRecorder' on call 'customer' : invoking...
Notify: Data Point "Received packet count" value = 1504.0000.
Notify: Data Point "Packet Loss (%)" value = 0.0000.
Notify: Data Point "Sent packet count" value = 1502.0000.
Notify: Data Point "Packets Skipped (%)" value = 0.0665.
Notify: Data Point "Packets Failed (%)" value = 0.0000.
Notify: Data Point "First Packet Time" value = 0.3690.
'VoiceRecorder' on call 'customer' : successfully invoked
Notify: Data Point "Talk time, sec" value = 30.2440.
Hang up on call 'customer' : invoking...
Hang up on call 'customer' : successfully invoked
Notify: Data Point "Hangup time, sec" value = 0.0090.
Ending action CallFlowGraph1.

Q: Is there a way to know when the recipient beeps for entering a voice mail and then playing back a recorded message, i.e. “This is a test caller leaving a voice message for Load Testing.”? We’ll also be trying to do a dial out call too and user navigating through a voice/DTMF activated prompts for a product.

I might also like to see if/how metrics are gathered/presented on the LoadController and maybe try to get two users working together from the controller just to see how that works.
Customer Feeds

Re: Voicemail Testing

Postby Support Group » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Customer Feeds wrote:We’ve been able to get a call to work all the way through and collected the recording:

Q: Is there a way to know when the recipient beeps for entering a voice mail and then playing back a recorded message, i.e. “This is a test caller leaving a voice message for Load Testing.”? We’ll also be trying to do a dial out call too and user navigating through a voice/DTMF activated prompts for a product.

Certainly. You will need a recording of the “Beep”. If you don’t have the actual “Beep” recording, you can record the whole call then cut out the “Beep” itself (use something like http://www.audacityteam.org/ for audio editing – it is free), then save it into a wav file. Once you have the pattern wav file, use “Pattern Detector” followed by Voice Recorder on the call. So your script would look like this:

1. Register
    2. MakeCall
    3. WaitForAnswer (if this times out, voicemail is done on early call state meaning that you will not need to wait for answer – simply remove this block if the timeout happens)
    4. A series of “Talk – Voice Recorder”, “Talk – DTMF”, “Talk – Voice Recorder” … to get to the correct spot in the voicemail menu (as required)
    5. “Talk – Pattern Detector” (pointed to the Beep pattern)
    6. “Talk – Voice Sender” (your voicemail message)
    7. “Talk – DTMF Sender” – press the “#” key at the end of the recording (if need be)
    8. “Hang up”

Note: please use “Voice Recorder” to wait on IVR menus. The recorder sends silence to the channel keeping it alive. So if you need a pause in the call, use this block.

I might also like to see if/how metrics are gathered/presented on the LoadController and maybe try to get two users working together from the controller just to see how that works.

That’s fine, your license will allow you to run up to 5 vUsers under controller. Depending on the CISCO configuration, you may need to parametrize the line IDs. That would have to be done in the script itself.
Support Group
Site Admin

Postby Customer Feeds » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:00 pm

OK. I was able to record and section out 5-seconds of call to the beep and it seems to have worked. I also tried to send a Text to Voice, but I don’t see any recordings from this transaction, only that it took place:

'
TextToSpeech' on call 'customer' : invoking...
Notify: Data Point "Received packet count" value = 0.0000.
Notify: Data Point "Sent packet count" value = 279.0000.
Notify: Data Point "Packets Skipped (%)" value = 0.0000.
'TextToSpeech' on call 'customer' : successfully invoked
Notify: Data Point "Talk time, sec" value = 6.8857.

Does that sound about right?
Customer Feeds

Postby Support Group » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Customer Feeds wrote:OK. I was able to record and section out 5-seconds of call to the beep and it seems to have worked. I also tried to send a Text to Voice, but I don’t see any recordings from this transaction, only that it took place:

'
TextToSpeech' on call 'customer' : invoking...
Notify: Data Point "Received packet count" value = 0.0000.
Notify: Data Point "Sent packet count" value = 279.0000.
Notify: Data Point "Packets Skipped (%)" value = 0.0000.
'TextToSpeech' on call 'customer' : successfully invoked
Notify: Data Point "Talk time, sec" value = 6.8857.

Does that sound about right?

Text-to-Speech does not produce any recordings, correct. The log looks kosher meaning that he synthesized speech has been sent out. If you wish to listen to what it sounds like, I would suggest to create a separate simple script that would call a phone you have access to. This way you can answer and listen to it for yourself

If you wish to test what was actually deposited in the voicemail and, potentially, measure the quality, please devise a separate script that logs in to the voice mailbox, retrieves a message and plays it back.
Support Group
Site Admin

Return to Data Synergy VOICE for HPE LoadRunner and Performance Center