Calls to Avaya Session Manager

Calls to Avaya Session Manager

Postby Customer Feeds » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Quick question,

Can my simulation be originated from SM(Session manager) which is again a SIP request or Data Synergy allows only SBC call simulations.

If call can be simulated from SM, does procedure on scripting remains the same such as pbx settings and others.
Customer Feeds

Re: Calls to Avaya Session Manager

Postby Support Group » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi, Data Synergy can place calls directly against Avaya Session Manager as it supports SIP – I can confirm that.
Support Group
Site Admin

Postby Customer Feeds » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Thanks for the update, as part of new approach we are simulating SIP calls directly to Session Manager - bypassing SBC and other pre-systems.

So could you please confirm do we need to do any additional change in settings in PBX or during scripting or something with related to tool.
Customer Feeds

Postby Support Group » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Customer Feeds wrote:Thanks for the update, as part of new approach we are simulating SIP calls directly to Session Manager - bypassing SBC and other pre-systems.

So could you please confirm do we need to do any additional change in settings in PBX or during scripting or something with related to tool.

When placing calls against Session Manager all you need is the usual SIP settings:
• Username (caller line ID)
• Password (if configured; some trunk configurations do not require password)
• Domain name (or IP address of the Session Manager if Domain also known as Realm is not configured in Session Manager) – IP Address normally works
• Proxy – if used – either DNS or IP Address – please confirm with the voice architect that is responsible for your Session Manager

Hope the above is clear.
Support Group
Site Admin

Postby Customer Feeds » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks for the below clarification!!

Can you please give me more clarification on Username field(is that an username to access Session Manager) ?

I remember Customer phone number to be mentioned in ‘Line ID’ field during your webinar.

So Username field and Line ID is quite contradicting from your below explanation. Kindly brief.
Customer Feeds

Postby Support Group » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Customer Feeds wrote:Thanks for the below clarification!!

Can you please give me more clarification on Username field(is that an username to access Session Manager) ?

I remember Customer phone number to be mentioned in ‘Line ID’ field during your webinar.

So Username field and Line ID is quite contradicting from your below explanation. Kindly brief.

Line ID is the number the Data Synergy script will assume.
Username and password are authorization credentials.

Often line ID and username are configured to be the same.

They are NOT the Session Manager credentials.

Please talk to your voice architect to obtain SIP credentials.

Alternatively, you can find them in the Session Manager tool (look for SIP trunking configuration).
Support Group
Site Admin

Postby Customer Feeds » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Am currently working on CTI POC with Data Synergy and Load Runner 12.50 and trying to invoke an Outbound Call. With respect to the scenario am currently facing an issue when connecting to Session Manager(though getting success response) but the call does not reach required destination(i.e IVR).

When analyzing the Session Manager trace, the Source Port(My Script from LR) is dynamic - which changes every time when it reaches SM, whereas the SM requires the static port by default.
Is it possible that can I assign a static port in my LR Script?
Customer Feeds

Postby Support Group » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:41 pm

Customer Feeds wrote:Am currently working on CTI POC with Data Synergy and Load Runner 12.50 and trying to invoke an Outbound Call. With respect to the scenario am currently facing an issue when connecting to Session Manager(though getting success response) but the call does not reach required destination(i.e IVR).

When analyzing the Session Manager trace, the Source Port(My Script from LR) is dynamic - which changes every time when it reaches SM, whereas the SM requires the static port by default.
Is it possible that can I assign a static port in my LR Script?

You can specify the port range by modifying the CallFlowContext constructor in the script itself.

Please find the line that looks as follows:

Code: Select all
CallFlowContext context = new CallFlowContext( "CallFlowGraph1.dsv", lr.get_master_host_name() );

You will need to modify this line to instruct Data Synergy to use a specific port range as follows:
Code: Select all
CallFlowContext context = CallFlowContext.CreateSipCallFlowContext("CallFlowGraph1.dsv", lr.get_master_host_name() , line_id, auth_username, password, local_port_range_low_bound, local_port_range_high_bound);

You will need to pass line_id, auth_username and password explicitly – so replace these with your credentials.
local_port_range_low_bound and local_port_range_high_bound – specify your port range for SIP here. If you wish to use the same port, pass the same value for both parameters

Please note, if you limit the range to just one port, you will not be able to run multiple vUsers on the same LoadGenerator since the operating system cannot bind two sockets to the same port. So a range would have to be configured in the Session Manager.

If this is not the behaviour that you are enquiring about, please let me know
Support Group
Site Admin

Return to Data Synergy VOICE for HPE LoadRunner and Performance Center